Our Kiwanis club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service and assisting children locally and worldwide. Additionally, we have speakers at our bimonthly meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are the projects and activities in which we are currently involved:
- Texas Oklahoma Disaster Team - provides assistance during times of disaster
- The Eliminate Project - works to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus
- New Beginnings Center Adopt-A-Mom Project - provides education, prevention and intervention programs and services to those affected by domestic violence
- The Matthew 25:40 Project - builds community through community meals, bringing people together to share life with each other and providing opportunities for mentor relationships
- Hands and Heart Ministry - seeks to reach the lost and broken with love and compassion to address issues of poverty, addiction, oppression, discouragement, and hopelessness